Chestnut Purée is an incredible rich spread that is best used on cookies or when making other desserts, as a flavoring or special treat.
Use this in waffles, French Toast, cake frostings or fillings, in pastries, candies, cookies, ice creams, semifreddos, and other recipes.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Spreads
Serves: 3/4 pound
- 3/4 pound roasted, peeled chestnuts
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine nuts, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes until the majority of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and rum.
- Strain the Chestnut, reserving the sugar syrup and transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add syrup slowly until desired consistency is obtained.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before refrigerating, where it can be kept for up to two weeks.
- Use on cookies, in recipes for desserts, cakes, cookies, ice cream, semifreddo or other treats.