Cherry and Almond Clafoutis pairs two wonderful ingredients resulting in one fabulous summertime dessert. This French creation is perfect alone or served with ice cream.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 Cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 10 ounces fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 ounce almond flakes
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the 2 whole eggs, separated egg yolk, flour, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the separate egg white into stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
- Lightly butter a shallow 8-inch baking or quiche dish and scatter the cherries over the bottom.
- Pour in the batter and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the batter is just set. Dust with confectioners' sugar to serve. May be served warm or cold.
The flavor of Braised Morels is that of earthy, natural goodness. It is the taste of autumn, of the...
There's few recipes like our delicious Cider Poached Whole Apples. Full of flavor and easy to make, ...
Bratwurst in Beer Sauce pairs gloriously with a variety of sides like Boston Baked Beans. The foreru...
These glorious Lemon Scented Salmon Burgers are exquisitely flavored with citrus and herbs, making t...