Growing up, Chef Bob’s Rockaway Omelet was one of the first dishes our founder prepared, crafting a number of wonderful recipes long before becoming a chef.
Chef Bob's Rockaway Omelet
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Brunch
Serves: 3 omelets
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 thick slices boiled ham, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced and sauteed until soft
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 eggs beaten, divided, blended with
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook bacon til lightly browned. Drain, set aside, cool and crumble.
- Add ham, onion, and tomato and cook until liquid appears and set aside.
- Put one tablespoon of oil in 12" skillet.
- When oil sizzles pour in 1/3 of omelet mixture.
- Spread egg mixture evenly.
- Shake pan to keep mixture moving. When egg is set, but still shiny, spoon 1/3 of filling across center and top with crumbled bacon. Flip one side of the omelet over, envelope style to hold in filling.
- Tilt pan and roll omelet onto plate.
- Repeat making the omelet two more times.
- Serve at once with hash browns or home fries, toast, juice and coffee.