There are few things nicer than a warm popover, with a crunch crust and soft, tender inside. Served as a side with roast beef or steaks, or with butter and jam for breakfast. They’re great anytime.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 Cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Combine seasonings with milk and eggs; add flour and cheese; mix until just blended.
- Allow the mixture to sit, covered with a towel, unrefrigerated, for 30 minutes.
- Pour into well-oiled muffin tins, filling to 2/3 full.
- Do not preheat oven.
- Place muffin tin in oven, and heat to 450 degrees.
- Bake 30 minutes, no peeking. Remove from oven; turn off heat.
- Pierce popovers on 4 sides at right angles.
- Return to oven (do NOT turn on heat).
- Allow popovers to dry in oven about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
A sweet confectionery delight, this is a perfect recipe for late Summer or early Autumn, when apples...
In our Butter Lettuce and Herb Salad, the soft texture and buttery richness of the lettuce are glori...
This incredible Avgolemono Soup is greatly complemented by the addition of cod, giving one the excep...
This light and fluffy couscous recipe is complemented beautifully by the sweet and aromatic Onion an...