There are few things nicer than a warm popover, with a crunch crust and soft, tender inside. Served as a side with roast beef or steaks, or with butter and jam for breakfast. They’re great anytime.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 Cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Combine seasonings with milk and eggs; add flour and cheese; mix until just blended.
- Allow the mixture to sit, covered with a towel, unrefrigerated, for 30 minutes.
- Pour into well-oiled muffin tins, filling to 2/3 full.
- Do not preheat oven.
- Place muffin tin in oven, and heat to 450 degrees.
- Bake 30 minutes, no peeking. Remove from oven; turn off heat.
- Pierce popovers on 4 sides at right angles.
- Return to oven (do NOT turn on heat).
- Allow popovers to dry in oven about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The pairing of flavors in our Prosciutto Sandwich is absolutely incredible, making it a delicious tr...
There are few finer summertime desserts than a good cobbler. This exceptional dessert may be served ...
Crawdad Gumbo is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious, hearty and comforting soup that's flav...
As we near St. Patrick's Day, our Emerald Isle Cupcakes make marvelous treats for your family, and p...