While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the most refined dinner party, or a warm, comforting potage to enjoy while watching the game. Simply great.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Velveeta cubed
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- a few drops hot pepper sauce or Tabasco
- green onion slices or chives (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Velveeta, milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook an additional 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is hot.
- Ladle into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon and sliced green onion or chives on top. Serve immediately.
Turkey is greatly underrated as a meat for grilling. It accepts the smokey flavor throughout and so...
Delightful walnuts, rich in buttery flavor are sugar coated and deep fried to caramelize them. Ideal...
The wonderful Grilled Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla may be served as an appetizer or entree, for lunch...
An inscrutably delicious, yet complex recipe, Chinese American Thanksgiving Turkey yields impeccable...