While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the most refined dinner party, or a warm, comforting potage to enjoy while watching the game. Simply great.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Velveeta cubed
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- a few drops hot pepper sauce or Tabasco
- green onion slices or chives (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Velveeta, milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook an additional 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is hot.
- Ladle into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon and sliced green onion or chives on top. Serve immediately.
Take your BBQ beyond the burger or ribs with this brilliant authentic Texas brisket recipe. Slow coo...
With a flaky, light crust and superb filling, Puff-topped Fish Pie is an economical dish that makes ...
If you're going to make a good Ballymaloe Irish Stew, why not make the recipe from Ireland's foremos...
Baked Apples with Fruit and Nuts is a superb dessert to end a wonderful meal. The combination of app...