While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the most refined dinner party, or a warm, comforting potage to enjoy while watching the game. Simply great.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Velveeta cubed
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- a few drops hot pepper sauce or Tabasco
- green onion slices or chives (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Velveeta, milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook an additional 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is hot.
- Ladle into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon and sliced green onion or chives on top. Serve immediately.
Standing Rib Roast with Herbed Crust is a classic; a delicious recipe perfect for a glorious holiday...
Swedish Meatballs are a grand old classic with a rich, delectable sauce. They may be served for coc...
Chicken Liver Pate is a glorious appetizer not often made in the United States, though incredibly po...
Moist and tender Irish Pot-Roasted Chicken is an extraordinary dish, packed with incredible flavor. ...