While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the most refined dinner party, or a warm, comforting potage to enjoy while watching the game. Simply great.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Velveeta cubed
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- a few drops hot pepper sauce or Tabasco
- green onion slices or chives (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Velveeta, milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook an additional 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is hot.
- Ladle into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon and sliced green onion or chives on top. Serve immediately.
A rich cheesy sandwich, deliciously flavored with Cheddar, bacon, Parmesan and chicken, this one is ...
The extraordinary taste of Caramel Shortbread is enhanced with an optional sprinkling of sea salt in...
Chicken a l'Orange is an exceptional French dish; a variation on the more famous version with duckli...
Blackberry Fool is a luscious pudding made by blending pureed blackberries with whipped cream. Garni...