A great appetizer is always full of flavor but fun to eat as are these glorious little cheese puffs.
Cheesy Beef Puffs
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1/2 pound ground beef (lean)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 egg [beaten]
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (prepared)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white peper
- 1 package (17 1/2 ounces) frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 Cup chedder cheese (shredded)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet, then drain off the drippings. Add the garlic, cooking until tender.
- Combine the egg, horseradish, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, then add the meat mixture and mix well.
- Roll 1 pastry sheet to 13" x 9" rectangle, then cut in half lengthwise. Spread half of the meat mixture over each half, then sprinkle half Cup of the shredded cheese on top of the spread meat.
- Roll (jelly roll style) from one long side, then cut into 1" pieces, and place seam side down on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining meat mixture and the pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and serve warm.