Cheeseburgers with an Attitude
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 thick hamburger patties (preferably ground sirloin)
- 2 slices blue cheese big enough to cover the patties
- 2 slices sweet red onion
- 4 slices bacon; cooked until crisp
- 2 slices tomato (optional)
- garlic powder
- coarse-ground pepper
- 2 Kaiser rolls; split
- Preheat your grill, and toss on the hamburger patties and onion slices.
- Grill until the onions are nicely browned and the patties are done to your liking (medium rare around here). Add the split Kaiser rolls, cut side down, a few minutes before the burgers are done, to allow the rolls to toast slightly. When you put the rolls on the grill, also place the blue cheese slices on top of the hamburger patties.
- Spread toasted rolls lightly with mayonnaise, top with the patties, bacon slices, grilled onions, a tomato slice. Cover with the top of the remaining half of the rolls, and chow down.