Cheddar Stuffed Franks in Buns
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 12 frankfurters; deli style
- 1 teaspoon mustard; prepared
- 12 bacon; slices
- 1/2 Cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 pound Cheddar; medium sharp
- 12 buns; buttered and toasted
- Slit the frankfurters almost through lengthwise. Mix the pickle relish and prepared mustard together.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into 12 4 1/2 by 1/2-inch strips. Put one strip of cheddar cheese and about 2 tsps of the relish mixture into each frankfurter and set aside.
- Panbroil the bacon until partially cooked and still limp and drain.
- Starting at one end, securing the bacon with a wooden pick, wrap each frankfurter and secure the other end with a wooden pick also.
- Set the oven temperature to broil and arrange the bacon wrapped frankfurters on the broiler rack with the tops 3-inches below the heat source and broil until the bacon in cooked, turning once.
- Serve hot in the buns.