Sometimes a lunch classic can be adapted with a simple ingredient. That’s just what we did with Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Apple. You’ll enjoy the gooey goodness of melted cheese, and the outstanding crispness of apple. A perfect combination.
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Granny Smith or other crisp, tart apple, cored, not skinned, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 4 slices whole wheat or country white bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar, or 1 Cup shredded, divided
- Butter one side of the bread and reserve.
- Heat a frying pan (non-stick is best) over medium heat and place two slices of bread, buttered side down.
- Layer one slice of cheddar, several apple slices and another slice of cheddar, then top with the remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, turn over carefully, and cook for another two minutes or until the bread is browned and crusty. Use a spatula to gently press down, cook one more minute and move to the cutting board. Slice the sandwiches in half, diagonally, and serve.
There's incredible, delectable flavor in each spoonful of Black Forest Crepes, a sublime dessert any...
A very flavorful, rich and healthful soup, Warszawa Borscht is not very popular in America, but terr...
If you enjoy things that are sweet, salty, crunchy, and incredibly tasty, Pineapple Shrimp Fried Ric...
Famous Coca-Cola Brisket is one of the best examples of preparing roasted brisket around. Makes a de...