Sometimes a lunch classic can be adapted with a simple ingredient. That’s just what we did with Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Apple. You’ll enjoy the gooey goodness of melted cheese, and the outstanding crispness of apple. A perfect combination.
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Granny Smith or other crisp, tart apple, cored, not skinned, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 4 slices whole wheat or country white bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar, or 1 Cup shredded, divided
- Butter one side of the bread and reserve.
- Heat a frying pan (non-stick is best) over medium heat and place two slices of bread, buttered side down.
- Layer one slice of cheddar, several apple slices and another slice of cheddar, then top with the remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, turn over carefully, and cook for another two minutes or until the bread is browned and crusty. Use a spatula to gently press down, cook one more minute and move to the cutting board. Slice the sandwiches in half, diagonally, and serve.
Aromatic and seductive, this flavorful Thai soup is always a special treat. We used a small lobster ...
New England Clam Chowder is filled with tender morsels of clam and potato, a sublime combination of ...
The natural sweetness of beets pairs amorously with garlic. Roasting enhances the intensity of flav...
The succulent nature of a perfectly cooked London Broil is a joy anytime. Perfect for dinner or sand...