Champagne Cake is often made by professional bakers for weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebrations. It is seriously delicious and one of our reader favorites. Substitute a rich buttercream or fondant icing for whipped cream, if desired.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix, 3 1/2 ounces
- 1 Cup salad oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup Champagne
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons Champagne
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cake: Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and beat until blended. Then beat 4 minutes at low speed.
- Bake in two 9 inch greased and floured pans at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool.
- Put champagne filing between layers and frost with whipped cream.
- Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan. Mix together egg yolks and milk and add gradually. to dry ingredients mixing well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Place waxed paper directly on top of pudding and set aside to cool.
- When cold, stir in champagne and lemon juice. Spread between layers of cake.
- In small mixer bowl whip cream until stiff. Beat in sugar and vanilla. If desired, substitute 3 tablespoons champagne for vanilla, folding into stiffly beaten whipped cream.
Maine is the home of lobster, blueberries and yes, great Homemade Marshmallows as you will see in th...
Tsoureki is a warm, delightful egg bread that celebrates Easter in Greek homes, the red egg symboliz...
Charred Tomato CoulisAuthor: David Leo Banks of Harry's Savoy Grill Serves: 6Ingredie...
Tasty, nutritious and tropical, Jamaican-Style Greens are a glorious way to serve earthy greens with...