Challah French Toast
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream; half-and-half or milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons to 6 Tablespoons clarified butter
- 8 slices challah; cut 1-inch thick
- Beat the eggs together with cream, half-and-half, or milk. Beat in cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip the challah slices, one at a time, into the egg mixture, making sure that each slice is well coated.
- The challah should absorb a little of the egg mixture but not enough to get soggy.
- Fry each battered challah slice for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Don't fry too fast or the inside will be wet and gooey.
- Serve with your favorite jam, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, sugar, or plain.
NOTE: Heavy cream really is the best liquid to use in this recipe.