A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in the construction of buildings as slaves in ancient Egypt.
May be used as a topping for coffee cake or with chicken sausage for the Passover holidays, though it is wonderful throughout the year.
- 2 Red Delicious apples; peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sweet Passover wine
- Combine apples, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in bowl and mix well.
- Add wine and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
Recipe by Judy Zeidler, cookbook author and host of the Jewish Television Network's "Judy's Kitchen".
The rich, sultry taste of Soda Bread Pudding is a treat and a perfect way to use any leftover Irish ...
Crispy Marshmallow Ghosts are absolutely professional, utterly delicious, completely ghoulish Hallow...
Spaghetti with a Sicilian Squeeze presents the spectacular flavors of the Mediterranean region, blen...
Christmas Mincemeat Parcels are a delicious and elegant way to prepare a wonderful dessert. Flavorf...