A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in the construction of buildings as slaves in ancient Egypt.
May be used as a topping for coffee cake or with chicken sausage for the Passover holidays, though it is wonderful throughout the year.
- 2 Red Delicious apples; peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sweet Passover wine
- Combine apples, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in bowl and mix well.
- Add wine and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
Recipe by Judy Zeidler, cookbook author and host of the Jewish Television Network's "Judy's Kitchen".
Danish for Apple Cake, Æblekage is an exceptional, unusual method of preparing an absolutely delight...
Solyanka Sbornaya Mysnaya is a mixed meat soup from Russia. Full of flavor, without propaganda. A ta...
Charoset from Yemen highlights the Jewish experience beyond Israel, making it important and interest...
Cassoulet of White Beans, Sausage, and Duck is a classic French recipe and a glorious tribute to com...