A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in the construction of buildings as slaves in ancient Egypt.
May be used as a topping for coffee cake or with chicken sausage for the Passover holidays, though it is wonderful throughout the year.
- 2 Red Delicious apples; peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sweet Passover wine
- Combine apples, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in bowl and mix well.
- Add wine and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
Recipe by Judy Zeidler, cookbook author and host of the Jewish Television Network's "Judy's Kitchen".
White Chocolate Truffles offer pleasures, in the form of a morsel of white chocolate, never known to...
Spicy, rich, refined, aromatic and completely delightful, Arroz Verde is an ideal Mexican side dish ...
Bailey's Irish Cream Cake is a luscious, moist and flavor-rich confection ideally suited to a matche...
Cream of Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry is an exciting way of presenting an extraordinary soup of incr...