A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in the construction of buildings as slaves in ancient Egypt.
May be used as a topping for coffee cake or with chicken sausage for the Passover holidays, though it is wonderful throughout the year.
- 2 Red Delicious apples; peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sweet Passover wine
- Combine apples, walnuts, honey and cinnamon in bowl and mix well.
- Add wine and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
Recipe by Judy Zeidler, cookbook author and host of the Jewish Television Network's "Judy's Kitchen".
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is a colorful, rich seafood dish full of wonderful flavors and amazing t...
The rich flavors of Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Western BBQ Sauce to make a most delightful, elegan...
Boston Cream Pie is really a delicious cake and perfectly delightful, generally simple, and adored b...
The Classic Chicken Pot Pie, made with an updated crust remains one of the finest and most popular r...