Celery with Pine Nuts is a simple and delicious side dish that surprises and pleases with every bite. This is a classic Italian dish perfect with pasta.
Celery with Pine Nuts
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large bunch celery
- 1 yellow onion; small chopped
- 1/2 Cup pine nuts; toasted
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley; chopped Italian
- Wash celery, cut into diagonal pieces, 1-inch long.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add onions and celery.
- Cover and cook, shaking pan till celery is tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in salt and pine nuts, serve immediately.