Served as a side dish, Celery Root, Carrot and Pear Remoulade has a refreshing flavor you will truly enjoy. This delicious slaw is wonderful as an accompaniment to fish, burgers or barbecue.
- 1 large celery root; peeled, shredded
- 1 large carrot; peeled, shredded
- 2 firm ripe pears; halved, cored, and shredded
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- (or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon)
- 3 Tablespoons minced parsley
- Toss together celery root, carrot and pears in 2-quart bowl. Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, green onion, mustard and tarragon in small dish. Add to celery root mixture, tossing until well mixed.
- Put plastic wrap directly on salad to prevent contact with air; cover bowl airtight. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Toss in parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Our absolutely delicious Smoked Salmon Mousse and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches is glorious for your parti...
Borscht from Kieve is a hearty, rich and flavorful soup from the heart of the Ukraine. Its deep, ric...
Cranberry, Ginger and Lemon Chutney makes a wonderful accompaniment to many meals. Perfect when serv...
Spread it on toast; blend it into smoothies or smear it on a bagel - no matter how you use Spiced Gr...