The celery adds crunch, the apple a little crispness and the cranberries, the incredible flavor at the core of this great relish that is perfect for your holiday table.
Celery Cranberry Relish
A superb, simple cranberry relish that makes a jewel-like presentation with bright colors for your holiday table.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Condiments, Relish, Holiday Cooking, Thanksgiving
- 1 pound cranberries
- 1 apple; unpeeled, cored
- 2 Cups celery; chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- Coarsely chop cranberries, celery and apple.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Stir frequently. Allow to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Best if made at least a day ahead.