For a delectable, flavorful side dish, try our Cauliflower with Peas and Mushrooms and its delicious sauce.
Cauliflower with Peas and Mushrooms
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 packages green peas; frozen, 10 ounces each
- 1/4 Cup butter; melted
- 2 Cups baby mushrooms
- 6 Tablespoons butter; melted
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks; beaten
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash Cayenne
- Wash cauliflower, and remove large outer leaves. Cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water until just tender (about 20 minutes); drain. Place in a serving bowl and keep warm.
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Add 1/4 Cup butter and mushrooms and cover. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender but still firm, about 8 minutes. Spoon around cauliflower. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine 6 Tablespoons butter, water, salt, and egg yolks in top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Stir in lemon juice and cayenne. Serve as a sauce for cauliflower and peas.