The mildness of Cauliflower and Cheese partners exceptionally well with a variety of cheeses, particularly Parmesan. With the added flavors of onion for aroma and mushrooms for earthiness, this is a delicious dish to serve with roasts.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, fresh
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, place in a steamer and steam to desired tenderness, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until brown (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Put the steamed cauliflower in a baking dish and toss with the mixture in the frying pan. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Precision: no need to measure.