Catfish with Pecan Cream Cheese
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 catfish 1/4" thick fillets (6 to 10; skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 2/3 Cup cream cheese; softened
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 green onion, white and green part; minced
- 1/4 Cup roasted pecans; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dry cornbread stuffing; smashed
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Season fillets with Cajun spice. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Lay fillets flat on surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each fillet. Starting at one end, roll each fillet snugly and secure with a wooden skewer. Sprinkle additional cornbread stuffing over top and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove skewer and serve. This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: I've used this recipe on a variety of both freshwater and saltwater fish. The key is to make sure that the fillets are thin enough to roll up without a struggle and thick enough to keep from tearing. Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 365 Calories; 36g Fat (85.9 percent calories from fat); 7g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 336mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Fat.