The pleasures of the Carved Steak and Smoked Cheddar Cheese Sandwich are boundless, particularly the palate pleasing bites that will result from this recipe.
Carved Steak and Smoked Cheddar Cheese Sandwich
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 16 ounces sliced carving steak, warmed, divided
- 4 sub or hero rolls, split, brushed with butter
- 8 ounces caramelized onions, warmed, divided
- 8 ounces sautéed, sliced Portobello mushrooms, divided
- 4 ounces shredded smoked cheddar cheese, divided
To build each sandwich
- Place 4 ounces steak in roll and top with 2 ounces onions, 2 ounces sautéed mushrooms. Top with 1 ounce cheddar cheese.
- Close sandwiches and serve cut in half (optional).