A wonderful side dish for roast meats, these citrus-flavored carrots are made in the microwave and are quick and easy to prepare.
Carrots in Orange-Basil Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 2 medium carrots* trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 pinch dried basil, crushed
- snipped parsley (opt.)
- Place carrot strips in a 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with water.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or just till carrot strips are crisp-tender.
- Let stand, covered, while preparing butter mixture.
- For butter mixture, in a custard cup combine butter, orange peel, and basil.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power about 30 seconds or till butter is melted. Drain carrots.
- Drizzle butter mixture over carrot strips and toss.
- Garnish with snipped parsley, if desired.
* Carrots should be cut into julienne strips.