Carrot Purée may be served as a delicious, exotic side dish or as a spicy appetizer with crackers or breads. Simple and superb, this Tunisian dish is exceptional. Mashed rather than processed, the carrots retain their fiber and provide a unique texture.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons harissa (Tunisian chile paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Steam carrots until completely soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and mash to a coarse paste with whisk or fork.
- Add oil, vinegar, harissa, ginger, salt and pepper; mix well.
Baked Potato Chips provide a superb, crispy and flavorful side dish to accompany meats, fish, eggs, ...
The Irish excel at the preparation of trout and this recipe is no disappointment to that reputation....
In some churches small buns called Pax cakes (symbolic of peace and goodwill) are given to the congr...
This is classic New York fare-the perfect blending of international flavors that makes this city so ...