Carrot Purée may be served as a delicious, exotic side dish or as a spicy appetizer with crackers or breads. Simple and superb, this Tunisian dish is exceptional. Mashed rather than processed, the carrots retain their fiber and provide a unique texture.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons harissa (Tunisian chile paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Steam carrots until completely soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and mash to a coarse paste with whisk or fork.
- Add oil, vinegar, harissa, ginger, salt and pepper; mix well.
A unique crust adds a great flavor and superb texture in Almond-Crusted Chicken Wings. The dipping ...
Spinach Soup with Chili Gnocchi is an a spicy, pleasurable potage that tantalizes the palate and tea...
Chestnut Purée is an incredible rich spread that is best used on cookies or when making other desser...
Crunchy Seasoned Oven Fries are best to accompany your burgers, roasts, ribs, barbecue or grilled me...