Carrot and Ginger Soup with Roasted Cauliflower offers an incredible triad of flavors that entice the palate and soothe the soul.
Carrot and Ginger Soup with Roasted Cauliflower
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Quarts fresh carrot juice
- 1 Cup fresh ginger juice
- 2 2/3 Cups unsalted butter, chilled, cut
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Heat large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add olive oil then cauliflower. Toss gently in oil. Sprinkle with thyme and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to preheated oven at 400 degrees F; cook until tender and nicely browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine carrot and ginger juices in saucepan; heat to boil.
- Decrease to medium heat; whisk in butter a few pieces at a time to make a creamy soup. Season to taste.
- To serve, form mound of cauliflower in shallow soup bowls; ladle soup around.