Carolina Lump Crab Salad is a delectable, luscious and complex blending of flavors that combined, makes a glorious meal for lunch or dinner. Seriously good eating.
Carolina Lump Crab Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 8 basil leaves, julienned
- 1 small bunch of chives, minced
- 5 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- fresh herb salad or salad mix, for garnish
- Place crab, basil and chives in mixing bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together 4 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice and champagne vinegar. Add to crab and gently mix. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Combine avocados, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, red-wine vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- To plate, portion avocado mixture onto four plates and divide crab on top. Garnish with fresh herb salad or salad mix.