Carmelized Sea Scallops in Truffle Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 12 sea scallops, cut into half
- 2 ounces port wine
- 1 ounce veal stock
- 1/2 Cup mussels stock
- 1 ounce butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons chopped truffle
- 2 teaspoons truffle juice
- 1 Tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 12 pieces baby carrots, glazed
- 4 ounces spinach, sauteed with butter
- Flame the port wine and add the veal stock, mussels stock and bring to a boil and reduce by a third.
- Monte with one ounce of butter and at the last moment, add the truffle juice and chopped truffles.
- Saute the scallops in hazelnut oil over high heat until golden brown in color.
- Arrange the garnish and scallops on plate and pour the sauce on the plate.
- Decorate with chevril.