Caribbean Shrimp-Bean Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15-ounces)
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup sliced celery
- 1/2 Cup sliced purple onion, separated into rings
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 Cup Picante sauce
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Cups water
- 2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- lettuce leaves
- Combine first 10 ingredients; toss gently. Cover and chill 8 hours stirring occasionally.
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp around edge of a lettuce-lined serving plate; spoon black bean mixture in center.
- Garnish with cherry tomato halves, if desired.