For something unusual, refreshing, and tasty, try our Caribbean Papaya-Orange Soup recipe. The kids will love it and so will your guests.
Caribbean Papaya-Orange Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 500 ml cold chicken broth
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 envelope plain gelantine
- 1 egg white
- 1 papaya
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 almonds, chopped
- 1 coconut, grated
- Pour cold broth into a pot, sprinkle gelatin over top, and set aside to soften for a few minutes.
- Beat the egg white until frothy. Add egg white to soup mixture and bring to simmer, whisking constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved and soup is frothy.
- Allow to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile seed and mash the papaya.
- Then put into a food processor, adding the soup mixture and the orange juice and process to a puree. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate few hours or better overnight.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.
- Pour or ladle into bowls. Garnish with almonds and coconut.