Caribbean Ginger Turkey
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 2 pounds turkey breast, skinned
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup dry Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Carefully bone turkey breast. Remove fillet from underside of breast by detaching the feather-shaped piece of boneless meat beside the breast bone.
- Cut remaining breast meat into 3 equal portions.
- In a plastic bag, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, sherry, oil, apricot jam, lemon juice, ginger and garlic; mix well to dissolve sugar. Prop bag in a bowl; add turkey, submerge in marinade.
- Marinate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Broil or barbeque turkey 12 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing meat with marinade. Serve with rice and garnish with sliced fruit.