Whether you use this to top your burgers or on a pizza, you will adore the sweet, aromatic flavor of Caramelized Onions. Great with pates and chopped liver or with cheese. Scrumptious.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions; thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine (or balsamic) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes or until very soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add vinegar and sugar.
- Cook until liquid is nearly evaporated, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot over burgers.
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Use as a topping for burgers, pizzas or as an accompaniment with chopped liver or meat pates.
This flavor rich chowder is a pleasure to the palate and as lobster becomes much more affordable, it...
Simply wonderful to make for the winter. Deliciously decadent, Pears in Brandy is wonderful served w...
Prince Edward Island Mussels with Fennel-Saffron Broth brings together delicious Provençal flavors i...
Chicken with Calvados in Cream is a classic of Normandy's delightful cuisine; a simple chicken dish ...