Whether you use this to top your burgers or on a pizza, you will adore the sweet, aromatic flavor of Caramelized Onions. Great with pates and chopped liver or with cheese. Scrumptious.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions; thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine (or balsamic) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes or until very soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add vinegar and sugar.
- Cook until liquid is nearly evaporated, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot over burgers.
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Use as a topping for burgers, pizzas or as an accompaniment with chopped liver or meat pates.
Created by an Italian chef for the United Nations' Delegate's Dining Room, this delectable Corn Pudd...
Carbonnade Flamande is a traditional and ever-popular Belgian stew, often served with buttered egg n...
Halloween Sugar Cookies are always a treat. For this ghoulish batch we used decorative icing tinted...
An aromatic, flavorful Minestrone Genovese, full of great textures and delightful tastes of differen...