The delicious flavor of Caramel Pecan Pie is the creation of brilliant Southern cooks who’ve created one of America’s best pies. Simple, delectable and a joy. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- 36 Kraft caramels
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs; beaten
- 1 Cup pecan halves
- 1 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- Melt caramels with water and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Combine sugar, salt and eggs. Gradually add caramel sauce; mixing well.
- Stir in pecan halves and pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degree for 40 minutes.
- Pie filling will appear soft, but becomes firm as it cools.
Delmonico Potatoes were standard fare at the elegant, refined Delmonico's restaurant in New York Cit...
Sauteed Foie Gras aux Cerises is an exciting appetizer of incredible flavor. Perfect anytime of year...
Hungarian Cucumber Salad made with sour cream is a light and refreshing side dish common in Hungary....
Champagne Cake is often made by professional bakers for weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebra...