With astounding flavor, these cakes are perfect with Caramel Nut Frosting. Elegant, refined and terribly delicious.
Caramel Nut Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup butter
- 2 Cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease & lightly flour three 9-inch baking pans. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, using electric mixer if possible. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Using a spoon, gently fold in 1/3 of the flour and 1/3 of the milk; repeat until all of the flour and milk are incorporated.
- DO NOT BEAT MIXTURE AFTER INTRODUCTION OF THE FLOUR.
- Stir in the vanilla. Distribute mixture evenly among the three baking pans and bake about 30 minutes or until layers are golden brown and spring back when gently pressed in the middle. Cool about 5 minutes, then turn out of pans.