Oh, how you’ll enjoy this incredible cold treat! Use a small scoop as an accompaniment with your favorite chocolate cake, apple pie or pair it with a cookie. Seriously, it’s truly great!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 16 large egg yolks
- 1/8 Cup glucose powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon iota carrageenan*
- 1/8 teaspoon guar gum*
- Bring milk and cream to a boil in a pot; remove from heat; add ginger; let stand 10 minutes; strain through fine strainer into a bowl; discard ginger; reserve cream mixture.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan, swirling pan occasionally, until amber caramel forms; remove from heat; whisk in cream mixture; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Whisk egg yolks, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, glucose powder, salt, carrageenan, and guar gum in a bowl; gradually add some cream mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly; whisk tempered egg mixture into hot cream mixture in pot; continue whisking over low heat until thickened; remove from heat; strain through fine strainer into clean bowl set in ice water bath; cool completely.
- Place custard in ice cream maker; process according to manufacturer’s directions; place ice cream in airtight container; reserve in freezer.
This incredible Avgolemono Soup is greatly complemented by the addition of cod, giving one the excep...
Making a gingerbread house is always a great family event that brings everyone together to create a ...
Amazing flavor exudes from each serving of Chickpeas and Basmati Pilaf with Dried Cherries and Pista...
Tomato Florentine Soup is a simple, tasty, and alluring dish that pleases the palate and brings a de...