The amazing flavor of Caramel Corn Ice Cream isn’t the only thing that makes it exciting. The sweet crunch adds a fun component! Most every adult living in America today has, at one time or another, tried caramel corn and those who have usually love it.
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 Cups heavy cream
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 to 2 bags Cracker Jack or other caramel popcorn
- Caramel sauce
- popped buttered popcorn
- Put your ice cream maker's containers in the freezer and make sure they are fully frozen at least 4 hours or per manufacturer recommendations.
- In a small bowl make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons milk.
- Separately, lightly whisk the cream cheese to soften it in another bowl.
- Bring the cream, milk, sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a medium non-reactive pot for 4 minutes exactly.
- Once it’s been boiling for 4 minutes remove from the heat and stir in the cornstarch slurry, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Place back on the heat and stir allowing it to slightly thicken (about 1 to 2 minutes)
- Pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl of cream cheese to dissolve it. Remove lumps by whisking until smooth.
- Pour 2 Cups of popped butter popcorn into the milk mixture and allow it to soak.
- Pour contents into a zip lock bag.
- Fill a clean large bowl with plenty of ice. Add some ice water.
- Place the zip lock bag in the ice bath and allow the mixture to completely cool for an hour. Weigh the bag down with heavy objects to keep it completely submerged under the ice, with almost all the surface of the bag exposed to ice.
- Strain the cooled milk mixture from the popcorn using a strainer and cheese cloth making sure to squeeze the cheesecloth thoroughly. It absorbs quite a lot of liquid you need for the ice cream.
- Churn the milk mixture in an ice-cream maker.
- In a clean baking pan or plastic bin, caramel sauce, Cracker Jack and churned cream starting with the caramel sauce and cracker jacks on the bottom, followed by ice-cream and repeat until all the churned ice cream remaining forms the top layer.
- Place a parchment paper on the top of the ice-cream and allow to harden for 4 hours in the freezer.
- Scoop to serve your anxiously awaiting family and friends.
The juicy nature of spicy Kosher Pickles makes them perfect accompaniments for hearty deli sandwiche...
This sandwich, with its pretty pink filling, is substantial and seriously good eating. Make the sand...
Cannoli Siciliana are a traditional treat made and sold in Italian bakeries around the world. They a...
Hot Sandwiches (Emparedados Calientes) are a Spanish treasure. Ideal for Tapas, lunch or dinner. T...