Caramel Apple Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
- 6 Cups apples; peeled and sliced
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup Caramel topping
- 4 Tablespoons pecans; chopped
- Line 9" pie pan with pie dough.
- Combine apples, sugar, flour and salt in a big bowl. Lightly toss.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust lined pan. Dot with butter.
- Top with the other crust and flute edges. Cut slits in several places.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove pie from oven.
- Immediately drizzle the ice cream topping over pie and sprinkle with pecans.