Capellini di Mare per Due, or Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood for Two is a bounteous gift from the sea, paired perfectly with pasta, tomatoes, spices and herbs. While most seafood and pasta dishes come from Naples or Venice, this is a delightful Sicilian recipe. Molto bene!
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 6 shrimp, 16-20 count, peeled and deveined
- 6 sea scallops, 10-20 count
- 1/4 pound calamari, bodies only, sliced into 1/2-inch wide rings
- 3 black mussels, optional
- 3 littleneck clams, optional
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Cup canned crushed Italian tomatoes (or fresh Roma tomatoes)
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, preferably fresh
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Heat 10-inch sauté pan on high flame; add olive oil. Add the garlic; cook until lightly golden, about 10 seconds (do not burn). Add shrimp, scallops, calamari, mussels, if using, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes.
- Chop 4 basil leaves; add to sauce; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce; toss.
- When plating, keep seafood on top; garnish with remaining basil leaves.
The wonderful flavor of Challah Golden Egg Bread makes it a perfect accompaniment for a grand dinner...
Capirotada is an exceptional Mexican bread pudding of exceptional, unique and delightful flavors. It...
If you like seductive desserts, then you'll simply love Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake. Perfect for Autu...
The simple preparation of All-American Cole Slaw belies the complexities, nuances and subtle pleasur...