Capellini di Mare per Due, or Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood for Two is a bounteous gift from the sea, paired perfectly with pasta, tomatoes, spices and herbs. While most seafood and pasta dishes come from Naples or Venice, this is a delightful Sicilian recipe. Molto bene!
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 6 shrimp, 16-20 count, peeled and deveined
- 6 sea scallops, 10-20 count
- 1/4 pound calamari, bodies only, sliced into 1/2-inch wide rings
- 3 black mussels, optional
- 3 littleneck clams, optional
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Cup canned crushed Italian tomatoes (or fresh Roma tomatoes)
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, preferably fresh
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Heat 10-inch sauté pan on high flame; add olive oil. Add the garlic; cook until lightly golden, about 10 seconds (do not burn). Add shrimp, scallops, calamari, mussels, if using, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes.
- Chop 4 basil leaves; add to sauce; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce; toss.
- When plating, keep seafood on top; garnish with remaining basil leaves.
Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish served at the finest Italian restaurants worldwide. With a...
Pair these delectable Piragi with a bowl of earthy mushroom soup and pickled vegetables for an extra...
Welsh Rarebit or Welsh rabbit is a dish made with a savoury sauce of melted cheese and various other...
As a topping for burgers, sandwiches, or even with cheese and crackers, few condiments could be bett...