Cantonese Roast Duck, from the Guangdong province, is a traditional way of cooking delectable meat, without vegetables, resulting in a glorious meal. Paired with rice and vegetables after cooking, the dish is representative of the best of Cantonese cuisine.
- 1 duckling, rubbed inside and out with;
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground brown bean sauce
- Rub duck inside and out with salt and refrigerate overnight. Mix remaining ingredients and rub on duck inside and our until used up.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place duck on rack, breast side up, in pan with 1 inch of water. Roast 1 hour, turn duck over, roast 1 hour more. Turn duck breast side up, increase heat to 350 degrees and roast 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
- To serve, carve in the Chinese manner, bones and all. Or carve as you would poultry. If carved Chinese style, the duckling may be wrapped in foil after carving and frozen.
- Reheat in foil in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Roast Leg of Lamb is one of the classic recipes of the world. Favored from Asia to the Americas, it...
The Bistro Cheeseburger is the kind of delicious burger you'll find at better urban bistros througho...
Paskha is a cheesecake like dessert that is traditionally served in Russian homes for Orthodox Easte...
If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to yo...