Simply wonderful, with a delightful blend of flavors. Great for parties or your buffet table.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in syrup
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon catsup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup water
- Drain pineapple; reserve syrup. Combine syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, vinegar and catsup; set aside.
- Mix beef with remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion; shape into 20 meatballs. Brown meatballs in large skillet; drain off excess fat.
- Pour syrup mixture over meatballs; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into skillet with pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and pineapple is heated through.