Cannellini and Smoked Whitefish Dip or Spread
Author: John Ash
Recipe type: Dips and Salsas
Serves: 3 Cups
- 2 slices white sandwich bread; crusts removed
- 2/3 Cup milk or buttermilk
- 18 ounces cannellini beans (1 can); drained and rinsed
- 1 pound smoked whitefish; skin, bones removed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, tarragon)
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- bottled hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Soak bread in milk for a few minutes. Add beans, whitefish, garlic and zest to a food processor.
- Pulse to coarsely chop. Add soaked bread and milk and process until smooth. Pulse in herbs and season to taste with salt, pepper and drops of pepper sauce. Store covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- This recipe yields 3 cups.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH