Candied Lemon Zest
Author: John Ash
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- Zest from 2 large lemons; cut julienne strips
- 1 Cup sugar; plus additional for rolling cooked zest
- 1/3 Cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- Add lemon zests to a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and wine to pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in drained zest.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain again (reserving syrup for other uses) and transfer zest in a single layer to a wire rack. After an hour or so as zest begins to dry, roll in additional sugar.
- Store airtight in freezer for up to a month.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH