Jewels in the Candied Holiday Fruitcake is the way one might describe the amazing beauty of this delicious confection that is wonderful for the holiday season.
Candied Holiday Fruitcake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 3 Cups chopped pecans
- 2 Cups chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 Cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/3 Cup chopped candied orange peel
- 1 3/4 Cups plus 3 Tablespoons; all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup butter; room temperature
- 1 Cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- powdered sugar
- Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 250 deg F.
- Grease and flour 12 Cup bundt pan or tube cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix pecans and fruits with 3 Tablespoons flour. In another large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and lemon extracts. Sift 1 3/4 cups flour with baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to batter; stir until blended.
- Mix fruit mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 2 1/2 hours. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool. (Can be prepare 2 weeks ahead; wrap in foil and store at room temperature.) Dust with powdered sugar.