Candied Cranberries are used as a garnish for poultry, cheesecakes or other desserts and wild game. They’re made between October and December and kept in tight sealed jars through winter.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup cranberries
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler. Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water. Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate. Drain cranberries well.
- Add the sugar and turn to coat. Let dry at least 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
The flavorful batter for these tender Buttermilk-Cinnamon Apple Fritters completes the equation, mak...
There's nothing like a slice of tasty Banana Cream Pie to bring a smile to the face and delight to t...
Charoset from Yemen highlights the Jewish experience beyond Israel, making it important and interest...
Chestnut Purée is an incredible rich spread that is best used on cookies or when making other desser...