Candied Cranberries are used as a garnish for poultry, cheesecakes or other desserts and wild game. They’re made between October and December and kept in tight sealed jars through winter.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup cranberries
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler. Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water. Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate. Drain cranberries well.
- Add the sugar and turn to coat. Let dry at least 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
A beautiful, delicious and healthful sandwich, rich in vitamins and nutrients, yet intensely flavorf...
The classic Chicken Milanese cutlet is simply served on the plate with a lemon wedge or two as a con...
In some churches small buns called Pax cakes (symbolic of peace and goodwill) are given to the congr...
Lemon Meringue Pie is an alluring, sultry and delicious confection with a light, sweet topping that ...