Candied Cranberries are used as a garnish for poultry, cheesecakes or other desserts and wild game. They’re made between October and December and kept in tight sealed jars through winter.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup cranberries
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler. Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water. Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate. Drain cranberries well.
- Add the sugar and turn to coat. Let dry at least 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Cold Scrumptious Strawberry Soup could easily be served as a starter course or dessert in summertime...
The French prepare their Yule Log in cake, meringues and buttercream frosting and take warmth from t...
The world loves jelly donuts, but few know the original recipe is Sufganiyot, an annual Hanukkah tra...
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce has become an American classic, and perfect for...