Candied Cranberries are used as a garnish for poultry, cheesecakes or other desserts and wild game. They’re made between October and December and kept in tight sealed jars through winter.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup cranberries
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler. Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water. Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate. Drain cranberries well.
- Add the sugar and turn to coat. Let dry at least 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Cordon Bleu Casserole is a simple, easy to prepare dish that makes a wonderful, flavor-filled dish t...
Exceptionally rich and flavorful, takes its name from Gianduja, a carnival and marionette character ...
Ann Sather's famed Cinnamon Rolls are the most wonderful thing to serve for breakfast, particularly ...
The aged-oak flavor of balsamic vinegar matches ideally with the smokey flavor of grilled meat in Ba...