A wonderful tart for Autumn nights or afternoon tea, Candied Apple Pie has delightfully sweet topping that adds to the seasonal fun.
Candied Apple Tart
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Fruits, Desserts, Tarts
- 2 Cups Bisquick
- 2/3 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Cups apples; thinly sliced about 4 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 Cup Bisquick
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter; firm
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon apple jelly
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix 2 Cups Bisquick, whipping cream and sugar until soft dough forms. Shape into ball. Pat dough into ungreased 12 inch pizza pan. Spread apples over dough.
- Mix 1/4 Cup Bisquick, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Cover edge with 2 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until edge is deep golden brown. Heat jelly until melted; drizzle over tart.