Camembert and Walnut Pate
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 7 ounces Camembert cheese, rind removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks, room; temp.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped toasted walnuts
- additional finely chopped walnuts
- Blend Camembert in processor until smooth. Gradually add cream cheese, processing until smooth after each addition. Add lime juice; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to bowl. Mix in 2 tablespooons nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon pate into 2-cup bowl. Sprinkle with additional nuts. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- If the Camembert is very strong, increase the amount of cream cheese to taste. Serve with toasted baguette slices and assorted crudites like endive and red bell pepper strips.