Sandwiches are simple combinations of ingredients between two slices of bread, but this one is a classic, with exceptional flavor and texture.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 3 French baguettes; 5 or hoagie rolls
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces Prosciutto; paper thin
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 Cup carrots; julienned
- 1 Cup zucchini; julienned
- 1 Cup mushrooms; sliced
- 1 medium red onion; thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup mayo
- 1/2 Cup vinaigrette dressing
- Kramerbooks and Afterwords Cafe, Washington, DC.
- Slice rolls horizontally, spread with mustard and layer each half with prosciutto, cheese, tomato, another slice of cheese, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. Mix mayo with vinaigrette; pour over top of each open face sandwich. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 375 F, 8-10 mins until tops are brown and dressing has set.
- Yield: 6 servings