If you enjoy coffee, you’ll adore our Café au Lait Crème Brûlée recipe. The simple preparation is easy to make, and utterly delicious.
Café au Lait Crème Brûlée
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 Quart heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons purchased coffee paste
- 3/4 Cup raw sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 Cup whipped cream
- 18 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl and set aside.
- In heavy-bottomed sauce pot, combine cream, sugar and coffee paste. Heat to 180 degrees F.
- Pour cream mixture over yolks, stirring constantly. Strain.
- Pour mixture evenly into 6 - 8 ounce wide-rimmed bowls. Place in 200 degrees F oven and bake 20 minutes or until custard is just cooked in center (outside will cook faster). Remove from oven, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, spread even layer of raw (turbinado) sugar over custard and “burn” with hand-held blow torch until sugar caramelizes but does not burn.
- Top each plate with dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle each with 3 chocolate-covered coffee beans. Serve immediately while sugar is still crunchy.