A delectable holiday snack. This fun food is finger-licking good.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Holiday Cuisine
Serves: 3 dozen
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 packages large shredded wheat cereal biscuits, crushed (10 ounce)
- 12 ounces candy coated or chocolate covered peanuts
- Combine first 5 ingredients in small mixing bowl; beat at high speed with electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form & sugar dissolves.
- Fold in crushed cereal. Drop by the tablespoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet; make and indentation in center of each with the back of a teaspoon.
- Place 3 peanut candies in the indentation; bake at 275 for 30 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.