Sweet, creamy, and perfect for entertaining, this delicious dessert is fun for young and old. Everyone enjoys the experience and rich flavor with a variety of accompaniments.
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces demerara sugar
- 4 Tablespoons golden syrup (molasses)
- 1 can evaporated milk; (14 ounces)
- 4 Tablespoons chipped unsalted peanuts
- 6 teaspoons cornflour
- pieces of apple; pear and banana, poundcake and popcorn, to serve
- Put butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan, and heat gently until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbling, then add chopped nuts.
- In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with 2 Tablespoons water. Add mixture to sauce in pan and heat until thickened, stirring.
- Pour into a fondue pot and place over a burner to keep warm. Serve with pieces of apple, pear, banana and popcorn.
Moist, tender and aromatic, Chocolate Cherry Fruitcake is a pleasure-filled confectionery treat for ...
Some of the best Irish dishes are the simplest ones, such as Apple and Barley Pudding. With good qua...
Romantic, cute and seductive, Loving Chocolate Cupcakes are adorable and make the perfect treat for ...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...