Sweet, creamy, and perfect for entertaining, this delicious dessert is fun for young and old. Everyone enjoys the experience and rich flavor with a variety of accompaniments.
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces demerara sugar
- 4 Tablespoons golden syrup (molasses)
- 1 can evaporated milk; (14 ounces)
- 4 Tablespoons chipped unsalted peanuts
- 6 teaspoons cornflour
- pieces of apple; pear and banana, poundcake and popcorn, to serve
- Put butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan, and heat gently until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbling, then add chopped nuts.
- In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with 2 Tablespoons water. Add mixture to sauce in pan and heat until thickened, stirring.
- Pour into a fondue pot and place over a burner to keep warm. Serve with pieces of apple, pear, banana and popcorn.
Candied Cranberries are used as a garnish for poultry, cheesecakes or other desserts and wild game. ...
Chutneys are wonderful gifts because they really improve with age and go brilliantly with holiday me...
The pairing of apricots with ostrich creates an exceptional result that's simply delicious in our As...
Few cold soups are as luscious as Melon Soup. Taste the best of the summer season in every spoonful.