The sweetness of coconut is perfect in this cookie recipe, where both flavor and texture make a wonderful snack.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 Cups flour; plain (white)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Cup coconut; desiccated
- 2 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Mix all ingredients together well. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Roll dough into small balls. Bake for 15 minutes, or until brown.
- * Biscuits (cookies) with butter and coconut -- This recipe is from our local school's collection of "mother's favourite recipes." It's terrific.
- * Golden syrup is not available in North America; it is a caramelized sugar syrup. North Americans can substitute dark corn syrup or a mixture of molasses and water.
- : Difficulty: easy. : Time: 30 minutes. : Precision: measure the ingredients.