Buttermilk Posset is an Anglo-Irish version of panna cotta. Similar in texture, though unique in flavors, they’re exceptional desserts.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 servings
- 14 ounces cream
- 7 ounces buttermilk
- 1/2 lemon, juice and grated rind
- Place the cream, buttermilk, and sugar in a saucepan and bring slowly to a boil.
- Remove from the heat as soon as it starts to bubble.
- Add the lemon juice and some grated rind.
- Pour into clean molds (ramekins) and allow to cool before setting in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to set firmly.