Buttercup Cream Pasta is a luscious seasonal dish that will surprise with amazing flavor. Everyone will enjoy this wonderful dish.
Buttercup Cream Pasta
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 6 servings
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 Cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces Buttercup or Turban squash
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Magic
- 1 1/2 Cups rich chicken stock
- 2 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces cooked pasta
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are a light brown color, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and squash.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add the Vegetable Magic and continue to stir until the seasoning darkens slightly, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, stir well and return to a boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring frequently, until the squash is fork tender, about 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream then return to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and toss until the pasta is evenly coated and heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan to taste.