The richness of Butter Pecan Cheesecake creates an outstanding, delicious and enjoyable dessert all will enjoy. Perfect with a deep dark cup of coffee.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake
This may be garnished with whole pecan pieces, or a blend of chopped pecan and caramel sauce for an outstanding finish.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 10 to 12
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cups butter, melted
- 1/2 Cups pecans, finely chopped
- 3 packages cream cheese (8-ounces each), softened
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cartons commercial sour cream (8-ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 Cup pecans, finely chopped, toasted
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 Cup sugar, butter, and 1/2 Cup pecans, mixing well. Reserve 1/3 Cup mixture; firmly press remaining mixture on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1-1/2 Cup sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and flavorings; mix well. Stir in 1 Cup pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 300 degrees, and bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill.
Yields one 9-inch cheesecake.